Creating YOUR teacher account and JOINING your class
1. Navigate to app.9dots.org and click the pink Sign in button in the top right corner.
2. Sign in with a Google account (preferably your school email if it's Google-compatible, but a personal Google account will work too).
NOTE: Compton USD teachers and administrators can use their "@comptonusd.net" emails. If you have trouble signing in with Google, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
3. When prompted, click Allow.
4. Fill out your profile information, including your first name, last name, display name (i.e. what your students would call you) and your school (select from the dropdown menu), and click Next.
5. Join your class. If you have a TA or co-teacher, they should have already created your class for you. Select your class from the dropdown menu and click OK.
NOTE: If you don't see your class in the dropdown and you have a TA/co-teacher, check in with them so they can create your class for you. If you do not have a TA/co-teacher, instead of joining a class you can click the small blue link that says + Create a New Class beneath the dropdown menu, fill in the name and grade of your class, and click OK.
7. When prompted, click I Accept to agree to the terms of our Single Sign On Agreement.
8. You should now see your dashboard view, which should look similar to the image below. You'll see your school in the left sidebar, and underneath that the class that you just joined (or created). Your TA/co-teacher may have already added a course to your class, in which case you'll see the course displayed here. Otherwise you'll see a message that says "Your Class Has No Courses," and an empty student sidebar on the right side.